Highlight: Waking up in Jaaacob's arms
Watching: Serendipity

I love the theme of 'destiny' in this film... Although it is not quite what my belief system is based on; personally I believe the purpose in my life is created not by destiny... but by God. I think the idea of destiny came from Christian belief, that you have a purpose, or that if something's meant to be it will be regardless of the mistakes we make.
I must say though this film is really quite difficult to watch, well frustrating anyway. She'll walk out the door and he drives up in the taxi... right near each other but never quite meeting up... >_< " well, they do at the end. I guess that's all that counts. I despise movie's where the two main characters, well main guy and girl do not end up together. It is so not cool.
Mmm, I'm finding it quite difficult to write my... feelings at the moment. I want to express myself, I really do but ..
. I don't know. I've had this for a long time actually... It's not that I'm not feeling things, It is that I'm feeling waaaay too much. It's almost like, if i express a little it'll all just spill out and I'll .. well die, become nothing, mmm.. I don't know. I'm working on it. I think I know when it all started... but that is a story for another time. The conservatory is helping me with in unintentionally. They're teaching me how to manipulate my emotions and all my tension etc. I find it amazing how directors, writers, actors and such have such a talent for manipulating their audiences (HA! Manipulation, perhaps that's why I want to be an actor). E.g. The main characters in this film... well at the moment they are both engaged, you know in a serious relationship but here they are looking, no searching for each other.. all the while letting their fiances think everything is ok. It's awful, and seeing as the main characters are definitely going to get together... you have to sit and wonder how their fiance's are going to feel! Despite the fac
t we know the fiances are going to be devastated, crushed, we as viewers still WANT the main character's to get together! I used to think actors lacked feeling... that they just faked everything so to speak, but I'm beginning to realise actors have the most feeling of all. It's not about faking it, actors live each experience, all the emotion, the hurt, the joy, the frustration. My 'Self Portrayal' instructor, Marcus (amazing man by the way) said the other day, "You shouldn't be trying to manufacture the moment (emotion/feeling/reaction to something), it should be real". He used the example that; if for a scene in a film I must walk through a strange door with people I have never seen behind it, I should research it, not just read about the reaction I should go out and find 10 or so strange doors with people I do not know behind it so I know it, living it.
Mmm... yes that is enough for tonight I think. At least I'm making a real effort now ^_^.
Ha, I found a trove of pictures today, screenshots from World of Warcraft; the game that has the potential to ruin my life, so I put them ra
ndomly around my blog today to brighten it up ^_^. I love it, which is why it's bad, it's so darned addictive! Goodnight All. xx
P.S I love the ending to this movie... It's not dramatically climatic... but with all the tension built from the frustration you feel watching the movie ... it's .. nice... A relief.... It's beautiful, you can just feel the tension seeping out from you and a smile growing on your face... (with no thought toe the devastated fiance's mind you =P)

No comments:
Post a Comment