I just had a conversation with someone.. Early for me I know... Moving on;
We somehow got onto the subject of death and I said i wouldn't mind knowing when I was going to die because I could try to organize it somehow so my death meant something and was almost a good deed...
He replied that a good deed is only a good deed if you do it for the right reasons but I have to disagree with him.
If a snobby rich man gives away some houses to homeless families ONLY because he wife pressured him, or the government made him... He did it for the wrong reasons... However those families will still have the benefit of those houses... they still have a home and their lives are better because of that 'deed'...
The result is still good... Therefore is it not still a good deed?
I think.. I think alot of the times ... the good deeds we do are for the wrong reasons... as humans we cant help but think of how it will benefit us.. even if its just so we dont feel bad about ourself... which means we are still doing it for selfish reasons...
That doesn't mean we should give up and not help people.
I'm over people 'giving up' on the world.
LONG LIVE GOOD DEEDS.
I've started working digitally on my pictures... the one below is a sketch i "prettied" up on photoshop... I knwo i've got heaps far to go but i'm getting there..
I know no-one ACTUALLY read this, but if you do happen to stumbled upon my page of random ramblings to check out my deviant profile =P http://the-stephness.deviantart.com
xx


No comments:
Post a Comment